We are now worshipping in person on Sundays while still encouraging appropriate social distancing inside the building. We will refrain from handshaking and passing the offering plate. The auditorium with be sanitized between worship services-these and other changes will be the new "normal" for a while.
As before, our church staff is available for you to talk or pray with. Please let us know how we can help. Call the church office at 816-539-2510 or Pastor Robert at 816-427-1011, Youth Pastor Aaron Gudde at 913-231-0404 or Worship Leader Sandy at 816-804-2798.
- If you are not feeling well, we strongly urge you to stay home for your safety and the well-being of others.
- If you feel uncertain or are uncomfortable about resuming public worship, we support your decision and want to continue to minister to you and your family in other ways.
- We value family and encourage your whole family to attend, including small children and to sit together in worship.
- NO physical contact is advised (hugs, handshakes, elbow or fist bumps, etc.).
- Wearing a mask is not required but you may choose to do so. We will not provide masks to use in the service, but hand sanitizer will be at the back of the auditorium.
- Please maintain social distancing as you enter and exit and while you are in the building.
- We ask you to use good judgment and to show love and consideration to others in accordance with a Spirit-led conscience (Colossians 3:12-14).
We are again meeting in person for Worship at 8 and 10:30 a.m. We continue to live-stream worship services on First Baptist Church of Plattsburg’s Facebook page each Sunday at 8:00 a.m. and 10:30. Please note that some Sundays we will be showing the 8:00 service again at 10:30 a.m. using Facebook Premier https://www.facebook.com/FirstBaptistPlattsburg.
A video recording of the worship service is available in three places by noon each Sunday (some weeks it may be earlier):
- the church’s website under resources by noon each Sunday http://fbcplattsburg.com/resources/fbc-worship-videos
- church’s YouTube channel FBC Plattsburg
- the church’s Facebook page under our videos
To receive a free audio cd of the worship service, email the secretary at email@example.com to request a cd.
Nursery and Extended Session
We plan to offer nursery care (0 - 2 years) and Extended Session care (3 - 4 years) for 10:30 worship ONLY as long as we have willing volunteers to serve AND there is adequate space to provide nursery and Extended Session while allowing appropriate distance for the number of children attending. If these two conditions cannot be met, then nursery and Extended Session care will be suspended until we can safely and adequately care for the children.
Bible study for all ages is meeting again in person so long as we can maintain social distancing. Several of our adult classes will continue using Zoom on Sunday morning as a way of connecting with members who will be unable to come into the building.
To see a complete list of Bible study classes offered throughout the week, go to http://fbcplattsburg.com/covid-19/zoom-classes.
Adult Prayer Meeting is at 4 p.m. in person and via Zoom. We plan to resume AWANA in the fall.
Youth Pastor Gudde will meet with youth in person on Wednesdays and Sundays.
FBC Preschool will resume in the fall.
Vacation Bible School
We plan to have Vacation Bible School this summer in person with a schedule and room modifications so that children will have plenty of space to learn and to have fun in a safe environment.
Church office is open on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
You may give by mailing your check to FBC, PO Box 274, Plattsburg, MO 64477, by dropping off your offering at the church office during office hours, by setting up bill pay through your bank (free through most banks), by giving online at www.fbcplattsburg.com/giving using your credit or debit card (there is a 2.89% fee to give using your credit or debit card) or by downloading the Generosity by LifeWay app from Google Play or App store then using your bank account (small flat fee) or credit or debit card (2.89% fee) to give.