The Personnel Committee is seeking a current member of First Baptist Church to work as the Church Secretary. Following is job description.
Revised September 18, 2022
The church secretary will provide administrative services for the pastor, church staff, and church organizations which support the church’s ministries. The church secretary will be respectful, motivated, and committed to maintaining strict confidentiality related to church business, accounts, staff, members, and visitors. Preference is the position to be filled by an active church member.
Hours: The church secretary position is part-time. Scheduling will be determined as needed between the supervisor and the church secretary. The church secretary will be allowed one paid vacation per year.
The church secretary will:
- Possess an understanding and proficiency in computer skills and common computer programs such as Word, Excel, and preferably QuickBooks
- Display effective communication, comprehension, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate flexibility in work schedule and duties to suit the needs of the church
- Be self-motivated to work independently to provide thorough, efficient administrative services for the church
- Serve as office receptionist
- Prepare and generate all written church correspondence, promotional materials, and the weekly church service bulletin
- Maintain and update the all church calendar
- Maintain and update the church web site
- Maintain all church business, membership, and visitation files and records
- Perform various financial accounting duties related to church business
- Order office supplies and church literature and distribute to various church ministries
- Prepare and distribute notifications and correspondence of commitments to church committees, church staff, deacons, and scheduled childcare workers as necessary
- Attend Church Ministry Team meetings and prepare the Church Ministry Team and Church Business meeting reports
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary by the pastor and church staff Supervision: The church secretary will report to the Lead Pastor
Evaluation: The Personnel Committee will conduct two evaluations per year in October and April. Following the April evaluation, the committee will present recommendations regarding continued employment, wage, and benefits, to the church body for consideration. The committee is responsible for addressing areas of concern with primary input from church staff.